Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Flora and fauna of my area ...

Let me tell you something. I am not a flower person. I don't hate flowers, I just am not overly interested in them. I have done a few floral cross stitches, as far as that sort of thing goes, but if you ask me, I couldn't tell you a stamen from a stem. I am an animal person. I take great inspiration from animals, particularly my horse. She is my darling and since her boy passed away earlier this year, the love of my life.





This is Bruce. He is our resident Koala. He came for a close up visit last night and was about a metre from me when I took this photo of him. He is not in a gum tree, as when he was going from one gum tree to another, we saw him, and he thought this might have been a short cut to the roof. He normally lives in a tree at the side of our house, which overhangs the roof.

This is my inspiration. This is what makes me proud to be an Australian. This is the direction my art will take - from the animals and nature. Watch this space as I try to sketch him on the weekend. Hey I can upload photos!

For more photos of our animals here at Unicorn farm, click on the link above Sharonb's.

1 comment:

Vivian said...

I share your love of wildlife ... it happens to be on the other side of the world ... eagles, bears, etc. I'm currently working on a piece with herons.